FENUGREEK LEAVES (METHI) PAKODAS
Methi leaves are loaded with Omega-3 fatty acids, folate, Vitamin C, Vitamin A, riboflavin, magnesium, iron and potassium and lots of dietary fibre. It is bitter in taste. To learn more on the medicinal properties of fenugreek leaves check the link below,
Fenugreek Leaves- one bunch
Whole wheat flour/ chapati flour- 1 cup
Gram flour/ Ganthia flour/ Besan-1 cup
Rice flour- 1/2 cup( For crispness)
Onion- 1/4 cup
Cumin seeds- 1 tspn
Caram seeds- 1 tspn
Turmeric powder- 1/2 tspn.
Chilli powder- 1/2 tspn
Lemon juice- 1 tspn
Salt to taste
Oil for frying- 3 cups
1. Heat the oil in the frying pan.
2. Mix all the ingredients uniformly and prepare a thick batter with water by adding it little by little.
3. Take small portions and fry it until golden brown.
4. Serve with mint / coriander chutney .
5. You can also prepare a gravy dish out of it by frying some onions,tomatoes in oil and later add all the pakodas to it.