This soup is a Indo-chinese clear soup. Spicy and sour like the name mentions it. Shredded chicken and julienne vegetables go in the chicken stock wherein egg white is used to thicken the soup.
|Hot n' sour chicken soup|
Ingredients: (serves 10)
Shredded chicken- 1 cup
Chicken stock- 1 ltr
Egg white- of 1 egg
Julienne carrot- 1/2 cup
Julienne capsicum- 1/2 cup
Julienne cabbage- 1/4 cup
Julienne ginger and garlic- 1/4 cup
Sweet corn- 1/4 cup
Finely chopped chives- 1/4 cup
Finely chopped green chillies- 1tspn(optional)
Ground pepper- 1 tspn(optional)
Sesame oil- 2 tbspn
Soya sauce- 1 tspn
Salt to taste
1. Heat the oil in the pan and add all the ingredients except the chicken stock one by one starting with ginger and garlic.
|saute'ing the vegetables and the chicken|
2. Saute the ingredients for a minute. The vegetables should be only half cooked. This will give a crunchy taste to the vegetables when we take the soup.
3. Now add the chicken stock to the sauce pan and transfer the ingredients from the frying pan to the sauce pan.
4. Give it a stir and a boil and reduce the fire.
5. Now add in the egg white little by little to the soup by whisking the chicken stock so that the egg does not form any clumps. Add the soya sauce and mix uniformly.
6. Switch off the fire and serve hot.