ChocoNdizi Bread

ChocoNdizi Bread





"Necessity is the mother of innovation"

I must call it as "INNOVATION" rather than INVENTION. Mom's are always super smart when it comes to cooking with whatever is available at home. The magic in their hands can make a wholesome meal within minimal ingredients and time. Today I felt the same when I was planning to prepare a snack for my ever busy, super active kids. Accidentally found 2 bananas in my pantry which were neglected by the whole family due to the terrible weather(Kenyan standards) we have been having the whole of this week in Kenya.



Every Kenyan household has one thing in common which is a banana tree. Be it an urban area or in the villages not only the Kenyans but whoever is living or lived in Kenya would have definitely enjoyed the  local bananas. The shamba boy(gardener- Kiswahili) makes sure he grows atleast a single banana tree in the household he works. Kenya has been our home for long and I am glad that my kids grew up enjoying these NDIZI's- Banana in Kiswahili. Be it after a long swimming session or a tiring day from school they would always look forward to enjoy eating it. I am glad that I have been able to provide healthy snacks for my kids like peanuts, sweet potatoes, arrow roots and tapioca other than bananas. Its a blessing which many don't realise.




My kids love chocolaty flavours and so thought of doing something with what I have at home. Trust me!!! It came out really well. With all the ONLY SAD AND BAD NEWS around with loads of negativity I just decided to stop watching news or check updates. Almost  3 days on and I am feeling much positive within. Refocusing more on progressive and beneficial paths with prayers is definitely a wholesome healing experience. I had a lovely evening with my family enjoying the hot banana bread with some Kenyan Ketepa Chai. Stay positive and spread positive vibes!!!


INGREDIENTS:


Ripe Bananas- 2
AP Flour- 2 cups
Sugar- 1/2 cup
Eggs- 2
Oil- 3/4 cup
Milk- 1/2 cup
Baking Powder- 1 1/2 tspn
Baking Soda- 1 1/2 tspn
Choco Chippits- 1/2 cup
Vanilla Essence- 1 tbspn






METHOD:


1. Sieve in all the dry ingredients twice and add it to a bowl. Pre heat the oven for 10 minutes at 180 degree celsius.







2. Mash the bananas to puree consistency in a separate bowl with a fork.



3. Add the mashed banana and all the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Fold in gently. I prefer and have chosen FOLDING METHOD wherein you add all the ingredients gently and that is the reason I did not talk about beating the eggs. This allows you to have a thick batter enabling the bread to be firm.


4. Place the butter paper in the bread molds and add in the batter. With this batter you would be able to get 2 loaves of banana bread.





5. Bake at 180 degree celsius for 50 minutes.






6. Enjoy with Ketepa chai!!!

















Comments

Popular Posts