PANEER THEPLAS

There is no need for an introduction to "Theplas". There are so many versions. The "Gujarati thepla" is very simple with curd which is often carried while travelling or goes in the picnic basket . Theplas stay longer. The "Rajasthani Thepla" really amused me. "Radish" in chapati? what? I was slightly happy because"I CAN TRICK MY BOYS BY HIDING THE RADISH IN THE CHAPATHI. SIMPLY WOW!"

My boys have very good "sense of smell". I had to use ginger- garlic paste to get rid of the radish smell. It tasted very good. I did not travel anywhere,I just wanted to try this out. I added some paneer to enhance the taste. End result= Everyone liked it.








Ingredients:

Whole wheat flour/ chapati flour- 2 cups

Grated radish- 1 cup

Finely chopped fenugreek leaves- 1/4 cup

Finely grated paneer- 1/2 cup

Chilly powder- 1 tspn

Cumin seeds- 1 tspn

Turmeric powder- 1 tspn

Yogurt/ curd- 1 tbspn

Ginger- garlic paste -1 tspn

Salt to taste


Method:


Place all the ingredients in a bowl and mix all the ingredients uniformly. There is no need to add water while preparing the dough. The water released by the radish is quiet enough to knead the dough.

Knead the dough very gently and allow to rest for 10 minutes. Pinch lemon sized balls roll it and prepared the theplas by brushing with little oil. Trust me the theplas were very soft and loved by my kids. Try it and tell me your opinion.

Comments

Popular Posts