KENDRA THORNTON'S -YUMMY HONEY BEAR SMOOTHIE

I am very glad to have Kendra Thornton the very famous travel expert in USA aboard.  She has been featured in FOX news, ABC, CBS, NBC and CW networks for her great expertise in the travel industry. She has been to 28 countries on 6 continents, and have been quoted in the news about seasonal travel trends and destinations all over the United States.


She is also a number one mom and wife to a family of three. This time she would like to share some of her great and unique recipes for spring with all of us.


KARIBU SANA! Kendra.



HONEY BEAR SMOOTHIE




It's Honey Bear Time

After a tedious winter, the bears finally stopped hibernating - spring is here! I can break out the shorts and flip-flops in preparation for summer. As you can tell, I love spring; it’s warm, not freezing or uncomfortably hot.


When I went on a beautiful vacation, I tried what was called a Honey Bear Smoothie at the Cosmopolitan Hotel, ranked amongst some of the top hotels in Las Vegas. Okay, I have to admit that even if it sounds like something on the kiddie menu, the Honey Bear Smoothie is actually delicious, sophisticated, and did I say delicious?

Well, it’s true, and I ordered, like, forty smoothies in a single day; they are that good.
When it was time to pack up and head back to good old Chicago, I started thinking about how I missed that smoothie. I was in withdrawal, Honey Bear Smoothie withdrawal, that is. Luckily, it wasn’t hard to figure out the recipe, and you, my lucky readers, can make your own smoothies at home.

Yummy Honey Bear Smoothie:

Ingredients:

- 1 cup of coconut milk
- 3 to 4 crushed ice cubes
- 2 tablespoons of peanut butter (To avoid pulling out your hair, choose a creamy PB)
- ½ tablespoons of honey
- 1 banana (I prefer the banana to be frozen…this makes a frothier blend)
- 1 tablespoon of cinnamon


Method:
Step one: The first step is to mix the coconut milk and the ice together before mixing the other ingredients. This will make the smoothie nice and frothy, perfect for lazing around by the pool.

Step two: Next up, you need to add chopped bananas with the creamy peanut butter. It’s important to chop the bananas before. It will make the blending process a lot easier.

Step three: Lastly, add the cinnamon and honey in the blender. Make sure to blend them at low speed, as this will help the smoothie gain creamy frothiness.  The honey is what makes this smoothie a sweet delight, so feel free to add an extra amount.


If you want to make it an even better drinking experience, top it with some whipped cream - it will add creamy decadence to an already lip-smacking good smoothie. I hope you enjoy it just as much as my kids and I do!

Comments

Popular Posts