HEART FRIENDLY VALENTINE CAKE/ EGGLESS CHOCOLATE CAKE

Hope you all are getting ready for Valentines day 2013. I know you guys will be busy visiting your salon or busy shopping.I am posting this earlier to help you bake a surprise for your valentine. I know it's valentine, but what about our diet? Nairobi is getting ready for the day. 360 degrees view shows how crazy we people are about "valentines day".

Malls, magazines, radio, television and of course anything you see or listen says all about the day. Romantic dinner, romantic sleep over ans so many..........what about baking a heart friendly eggless chocolate cake with oats and banana for your valentine? 

Eggless chocolate cake

Ingredients:

Al purpose flour- 1 1/2 cups

Brown sugar- 1/2 cup

Cocoa powder- 4 tbspns

Cold  skimmed milk- 1 cup

Vegetable oil- 2 tbspns

Rolled oats- 2 tbspns

Cinnamon powder- 1tspn

Baking soda- 1 tspn

Vanilla essence- 1 tspn

Lemon juice- 1 tbspn

Slices of bananas to place on top of the cake before baking



Method:



I love this cake because it helps me a lot when ever I crave for something sweet. It is of course better than the other chocolate cakes rich in saturated fats. Even sometimes when I am run out of eggs I bake this cake very quickly.

Sift in the flour, cinnamon powder, cocoa powder, baking soda 2 to 3 times. Place in a bowl. Add the sugar, oats and mix uniformly. Now add all the wet ingredients one by one starting with the milk, oil, lemon juice and vanilla essence.

You might wonder why I am adding lemon juice? Lemon juice contains acid and it reacts with the baking soda. When it reacts there happens a fluffy reaction inside the cake which in turn makes the cake more spongy and soft without eggs.

Cinnamon powder helps in tackling the smell which comes from the baking soda. I hate that smell and that is when I started adding cinnamon. Since we are using bananas on top of the cake I  have reduced the amount of sugar.

Mix all the ingredients uniformly and gently. I would recommend you to use a spoon instead of a hand mixer. Excess beating might stop the reaction of the soda. Mix gently for less than 2 minutes with the spoon. Transfer the ingredients to the baking tray. Place the banana slices on top of the cake mix. Sprinkle some oats on top.

Bake in the pre heated oven at 180 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes until set.

Wishing everyone a very " Happy Valentines day". Let there be lots and lots of love in this world and let God bring peace to the world


Comments

Popular Posts