Chettinad cuisine from South India has everything that could give you a great feasting experience. To mention in particular the "Chettinad chicken". The masala used to prepare the chicken is really very spicy and has got a very nice blend of "South Indian spices". I have tried this time to blend in the masala in the chicken sausages to prepare a quick and spicy treat.
|CHETTINAD CHICKEN SAUSAGES with crostini and salad|
Chicken sausages- 6(cut diagonally)
Onion- 1 large
Tomato- 1 medium sized
Cumin seeds- 1 tbspn
Black peppercorns- 1 tbspn
Fennel seeds- 1 tspn
Ginger-garlic paste- 1 tbspn
Turmeric powder- 1 tspn
Chilly powder- 1 tspn
Lemon juice- 1 tspn
Salt to taste
Oil- 1 tbspn
1. Marinate the cut sausages with chilly powder, turmeric powder and lemon juice, little salt and keep it aside for 30 minutes for the masala to seep in well into the sausages.
2. In the meanwhile heat the pan and add the oil followed by cumin seeds, black peppercorns, fennel seeds.When the seeds start to turn mild brown add the ginger-garlic paste, onion, tomato and salt and let it cook for 5 minutes until the tomatoes become soft.
3. Let the mix to cool down and then grind the mix in a blender to form a smooth paste.
|Cooking the sausages|
4. Heat the sauce pan and add the paste to the pan. When the paste starts to boil add the sausages to it and let the sausages cook for 5 minutes. Keep on stirring well.
5. Cook until the paste completely dries and the sausages are done.
6. Serve with bread, rice and green salad.