EGGLESS TOMARILLO/ TREE TOMATO CAKE

My first ever triple tested Tomarillo cake(eggless). I always get a big "No" from my husband whenever I say"Eggless" cake. I had to do this cake for one of my vegetarian friend on her birthday and I loved it. With her cholestrol and blood pressure being high I had to change all the ingredients to be a healthier one.

In the pic below I have prepared a deck with whipping cream for  my family whereas for my friend I added two tablespoons full of passion juice on the cake . It was really a good healthy option to drizzle passion juice. She was very happy. She often bakes this cake for her own family and friends. A really very simple and healthy cake. 




Eggless Tomarillo cake

Tomarillo fruits



Ingredients:


All purpose home baking flour- 1/2 cup


Brown flour- 1/2 cup


Baking powder- 2 tspn


Greek yogurt/ thick curd- 1/2 cup


Any vegetable cooking oil- 1/4 cup(I have used corn oil)


Honey- 1/4 cup


Cinnamon powder- 1 tspn


Pulp of tomarillo- 1/4 cup


Method:

1. Preheat the oven at 180 degree celsius.

2. Sieve in the baking powder and flour together at least twice.

3. Transfer the mix to a bowl.

4. Mix the curd, oil ,honey, cinnamon powder and tomarillo pulp uniformly in a bowl.

5. Add this mix to the flour mix and GENTLY MIX ONLY THRICE. MIX ONLY WITH A SPOON OR A SPATULA.




The cake mix

6. Mixing the mix gently is very important as vigorous mixing with a hand mixer would not allow the cake to raise.(As you mix you would see the fluffy action of the baking powder )

7. Transfer the ingredients to the baking tray and bake for 20 minutes.







8. Serve with whipping cream, raisins, jam or passion juice.

Comments

Popular Posts