My first ever triple tested Tomarillo cake(eggless). I always get a big "No" from my husband whenever I say"Eggless" cake. I had to do this cake for one of my vegetarian friend on her birthday and I loved it. With her cholestrol and blood pressure being high I had to change all the ingredients to be a healthier one.
In the pic below I have prepared a deck with whipping cream for my family whereas for my friend I added two tablespoons full of passion juice on the cake . It was really a good healthy option to drizzle passion juice. She was very happy. She often bakes this cake for her own family and friends. A really very simple and healthy cake.
Eggless Tomarillo cake
All purpose home baking flour- 1/2 cup
Brown flour- 1/2 cup
Baking powder- 2 tspn
Greek yogurt/ thick curd- 1/2 cup
Any vegetable cooking oil- 1/4 cup(I have used corn oil)
Honey- 1/4 cup
Cinnamon powder- 1 tspn
Pulp of tomarillo- 1/4 cup
1. Preheat the oven at 180 degree celsius.
2. Sieve in the baking powder and flour together at least twice.
3. Transfer the mix to a bowl.
4. Mix the curd, oil ,honey, cinnamon powder and tomarillo pulp uniformly in a bowl.
5. Add this mix to the flour mix and GENTLY MIX ONLY THRICE. MIX ONLY WITH A SPOON OR A SPATULA.
|The cake mix|
6. Mixing the mix gently is very important as vigorous mixing with a hand mixer would not allow the cake to raise.(As you mix you would see the fluffy action of the baking powder )
7. Transfer the ingredients to the baking tray and bake for 20 minutes.
8. Serve with whipping cream, raisins, jam or passion juice.