It's friday. What are you thinking to prepare this evening. Consider this 30 minutes magic snack from South India. Fritters! Oh! come on, it's friday.......take a break...........eat....enjoy.........but responsibly.......eat everything.....but limit the portions.
Any rice of your choice- 1 cup(uncooked)
White lentil- 1/2 cup(polished broken black lentil)
Onion- 1 medium sized(chopped)
Cilantro leaves/ coriander leaves- 1 bunch(finely chopped)
Salt to taste
Oil to fry
1. Soak the rice and the lentil together for 15 minutes in warm water(If you are not in a hurry 40 minutes of soaking in cold water is needed).
2. Drain the water from the rice and lentil mix with a sieve. In the meanwhile heat the oil in a frying pan.
3. Grind the rice and lentil in a blender to form a smooth paste by sprinkling little water(around 1-2 tbspn).
|Grounded rice and lentil batter|
4. Add the salt, chopped onion and cilantro leaves and mix well.
5. Batter is ready and now put the dollops of batter in the oil and fry.
6. Serve with coconut chutney or tomato ketchup.