TAMARIND TUNA PASTA


I love to blend different flavours. Today being a sunday I wanted to cook something new for my family. I wanted the same South Indian Meen kuzhambu (Fish gravy) with  fresh onion touch in my pasta and it came out very well .The satisfaction of having the same fish gravy feel was awesome. My family liked it. You too try  this and check out. It is altogether a different taste.


Preparation time- 30 to 40 minutes       Serves- 4 people
Ingredients:

Tuna fish- 250 gms
Cooked Pasta of your choice- 4 cups

For the marinade:

 Ginger-garlic paste- 1 tspn
 Chilly powder- 1 tspn
 Turmeric powder- 1 tspn
 Lemon juice- 1 tspn
Oil- 1 tspn
 Salt to taste
For the gravy:
Oil- 1 tbspn
Ginger-garlic paste- 1 tspn
Roasted and powdered peanuts- 1 cup
Tamarind paste- 4 tbspn
Turmeric powder- 1 tspn
Water- 1 cup
Salt to taste

To garnish:
Freshly chopped scallions- 1 tbspn

Method:
1. Mix all the ingredients of the marinade and apply it uniformly over the fish. Cook in the frying pan for a minute.





2. Place the frying pan in the preheated oven and allow it to cook until done at 180 degrees.




3. Once done shred the Tuna.


4. Prepare the gravy by adding oil first to a hot sauce pan, followed by ginger-garlic paste. Now add the peanuts followed by the tamarind paste and the spices. 


5. Add the fish, add the water and allow the gravy to boil. Once the gravy is around half-a-cup turn off the fire and mix the gravy to the cooked pasta.



6. Mix the gravy uniformly with the pasta and garnish with chopped scallions.

Comments

  1. Nice recipe, Is it possible to add my recipe for stir fry sauce here? I want to experiment it since I follow your recipe perfect and I cook this that was easy. Thanks for sharing this best recipe that you made. I hope that you can also made more recipe like this.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts