CRISPY PLANTAIN GUACAMOLE

I love Guacamole. There is abundant supply of avocados and matoke(plantain) in Kenya. I make use of the abundance daily to help myself in the weight management struggle. In fact I love to have it whenever I want something light to fill me up. It is Kenyans favourite snack too.


Avocados are a good source of fiber, potassium, and vitamins C,K, folate, and B6. One avaocado contains more than one-third daily value of vitamin C, and more than half the day’s requirements of vitamin K. Half an avocado contains 160 calories, 15 gms of unsaturated fat.INGREDIENTS:


Avocado- 1 medium sized
Onion- 1 small(finely chopped)
Tomato- 1 small(finely chopped)
Lemon juice- 1 tspn.
Chopped cilantro leaves 1 tbspn

Mango- 1 tbspn finely chopped

Black pepper/ chopped green chillies- 1 tspn(optional)
Salt to taste

Plantain crisps:

Plantain- 1

Oil to fry- 150 ml

METHOD:
1. Scoop out the avocado and smash it well like a puree or you can also opt to slice it to cubes like how I have done here.

2. Add the other ingredients and mix gently.

3. Meanwhile, chop the plantain finely to the shape of your choice and fry it in oil until they turn crispy.

4. Add the crisps only when you are about to serve to avoid them from losing the crispness.


Comments

Popular Posts