This time I wanted a meatless sunday since we had lots of meat the whole week. I have tried something new. A classic hunter style Italian chicken taste in vegetarian "soya chunks". It was very good. Soya chunks almost tastes like meat and I truly enjoyed having it with a different taste.
|Soya chunks cacciatore|
Soya chunks- 2 cups
Onion- 1 medium sized
Mushrooms of your choice- 1/2 cup(chopped)
Marinara sauce- 1 cup
Red wine- 1/2 cup
Rosemary- 1 tspn
Oregano- 1 tspn
Oil- 1 tbspn
Olives to garnish
Salt to taste
1. Soak the soya chunks in 3 cups of water to make it soft for 30 minutes and later remove all the water by squeezing the water from the chunks.
|Soaking the soya chunks in water|
2. Heat the pan and add the oil.
3. Add in the onion and the soya chunks.
4. Add the marinara sauce, rosemary, oregano, mushrooms, olives, salt and mix well.
5. Add the wine and let it cook for 15 minutes.
|Adding wine to the soya chunks|
6. When the gravy is thick and the chunks are done, switch off the fire and serve with pasta, sphagetti or rice.