This soup recipe comes very handy when you want to have something healthy after a long day's work. Very quick and easy to prepare in a matter of 20 minutes. I tried something different today with the South Indian flavors in an ordinary vegetable soup and it tasted good.
Mustard seeds- 1 tspn
Cumin seeds- 1 tspn
Curry leaves- 1 sprig
Beans and carrot
(chopped to 1/2 inch length)- 1 cup
Fresh whipping cream- 1/2 cup
Vegetable oil- 1 tspn
Water- 2 cups
Salt to taste
1. Heat the pan and add the oil.
2. When the oil is hot add the mustard seeds and allow it to splutter.
3. Add the cumin seeds and then the curry leaves.
4. Add the beans, carrot and then add the salt.
5. Mix all the ingredients well in the pan and add the water.
6. Allow the beans and carrot to get cooked under low fire for 10 minutes.
7. Season with coriander leaves too(if you prefer) , cream to taste and serve.